- Steve Wynn is engaged to marry Andrea Hissom, his companion the last few years. He proposed last night at, fittingly enough, Encore. Robin Leach is reporting that Hissom is wearing a "massive heart-shaped diamond".
- KNPR (the national radio one) came to Las Vegas and discovered just how cool Fremont Street and downtown can be. In fact, they chose to talk about it over visiting the Strip. Here's the link to Johnny Kats' coverage: here.
- For those who travel between Southern California and Las Vegas, please note that Buffalo Bill's, the hotel and casino with the roller coaster located in Primm (and the great old-fashioned classic Las Vegas neon sign) is closed until Christmas Eve.
The hotel is undergoing renovation to both the rooms and portions of the casino. They are also adding a Denny's to the hotel.
However, the Star of the Desert arena is open and the concert series does continue. If you have reservations for Buffalo Bill's, you will be moved to either Whiskey Pete's or Primm Valley.
- City Hall designed by Mid-Century Modern local architects Zick and Sharp is endangered as many of you know. When the new City Hall is completed, city government will vacate the building. There was talk of building a stadium on the site but thanks to residents in nearby neighborhoods, that idea quickly went south. Now it looks like Zappos, the internet shoe phenom, will take over the building and turn it into their headquarters. It is expected to bring 1,000 jobs to downtown.
- Resort Gaming Group has agreed to buy the building, twos adjancent parking garages and the KCLV studio. RGG will then lease the building to Zappos. RGG is also working on the reinovation of the Lady Luck.
- Oscar Goodman has been term limited out of office. If you would like to be mayor and follow in his footsteps, the primary is April 5th! Start planning now!