What better way to ring in the New Year than in Las Vegas!
If you are going be sure to check out the events below:
Fireworks on the Strip:
America's Party: Las Vegas New Year 2012 Includes a spectacular fireworks show by Fireworks by Grucci of New York, fired from the roofs of the Tropicana, MGM Grand, Aria, Planet Hollywood, Caesars Palace, Treasure Island (TI), The Venetian and the Stratosphere.
LATE BREAKING NEWS: The Tropicana has been added to the list of hotels hosting fireworks tonight. The musical selection will be LMFAO, Lady Gaga, Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Adele. ZZ Top's version of "Viva Las Vegas" is the grand finale of the $500,000 show.
A total of over 56,000 explosions lasting more than 8 minutes will occur up and down the Strip.
An estimated 314,000 people are expected to party down tonight, Las Vegas-style. Will you be one of them?
Temps will be in the mid-40s with winds expected about 10 mph. So be sure to take a sweater or a light jacket.
Police will enforce bans on glass and metal drink containers and a curfew for minors during the celebration. The ban on anything but plastic containers runs from 6 p.m. today through 6 a.m. Sunday on the Strip and in downtown Las Vegas. The curfew on the Strip, which applies to anyone under 18 without a parent or guardian, starts at 9 p.m. today and ends at 5 a.m. Sunday. Police also asked revelers not to carry large backpacks or bags or engage in "celebratory gunfire."
The Nevada Highway Patrol will close Interstate 15 offramps that lead to the Strip at 5 p.m., and all streets and alleys leading to Las Vegas Boulevard will close about 45 minutes later. Sahara Avenue, and Desert Inn and Russell roads across Las Vegas Boulevard will remain open.
At 6 p.m., elevators and escalators leading to pedestrian bridges on the Strip will be closed. At 6:15 p.m., Las Vegas police will start erecting barriers on the Strip and close it down to all traffic by 6:30 p.m.
The Fremont Street Experience will be closed at 5 p.m. before reopening for live entertainment at 6 p.m.
Street sweepers will move through the resort corridor at 2 a.m., and Las Vegas Boulevard is scheduled to reopen to traffic between 3 and 4 a.m.
Fremont Street Experience:
There will be Rock and Roll under the canopy to celebrate the New Year. Acts such as Rock Sugar, Red Not Chili Peppers, Rolling the Stone, Led Zepagain and others will be rocking Fremont Street. Tickets are $30 and the fun begins at 6:00 pm. The Performance Schedule is listed at the Fremont Street Experience website.
Champagne Toast at Midnight
Keeping your champagne glasses bumping all night are our resident djs
M!KEATTACK & STELLAR
The dinner & Party includes:
- Four course dinner at mood restaurant
- A glass of champagne
- Entry to New Year’s Eve Party
Seatings of dinner are 8:30, 9:00 & 9:30. NYE Party entry cover is $30 for men & $20 for women from 8pm – 2am. No cover after 2am.
There is also a party going on in the Lounge at the Artisan. For more information go here.
Hyde Lounge Bellagio:
Make plans for a first of its kind New Year’s event, with the grand opening of the Hyde Lounge Bellagio in Las Vegas. The high-end, exclusive lounge will feature 12,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, with an expansive terrace the fountains of Bellagio.
- New Year’s Eve 2012 at HAZE Nightclub at Aria Resort - $125 per person gets you VIP access and a champagne toast. Tables start at $3,000 for six guests. LMFAO will host this party
- The Bank at Bellagio will bring in the New Year with Bruno Mars -$150 per person or $2500 for a table for six
- RHUMBAR at the Mirage - Strip side outdoor New Year’s Eve party
- 1OAK Las Vegas opens at the Mirage on New Year’s Eve 2012 – Fergie will host the party and DJ Jesse Marco will be on the decks.
- Kaskade at Marquee for New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas - Head to the Cosmopolitan for Kaskade and a huge party in Las Vegas. $200 per person
- Kim Kardashian at Tao and New Years at LAVO. After midnight tickets are interchangeable and you get two clubs for one price.
- Level 108 Party at Stratosphere - This is the place to be with a view of everything that is happening on the Las Vegas strip along with food and an open bar. $199 per person
We'll continue to update as the big day gets closer.